• A part-time course taught over 17 weeks.
•Next runs Spring Semester 2020 (Jan-May).
• Starting with a taught weekend in Stratford-Upon-Avon followed by 12 x 2 hour live, online, virtual classes on Wednesday evenings.
• Suitable for writers with some professional or proto-professional* experience or who have completed some other screen writer training (including ScreenWrite 101 or 103).
• Fees from £999.
(*Proto-professional might include deferred fee production, online video’s or spec script development)
Each student will write a 90-120 minute ready-for-market feature film.
WHAT WILL YOU STUDY?
To write a 90 minute feature film for cinema distribution is still the dream of many an aspiring screenwriter. This course guides you through the process of writing a screenplay from choosing and developing a story idea through to a third or fourth draft script. The course covers the history of film, the global film industry, the writing process and how to get from script to screen.
Evidence of professional or proto-professional writing experience or previous screen writing training (including ScreenWrite 101/103).
You should be able to both speak and write in English to a reasonable standard.
Minimum Age: 18 at start of course.
Required Equipment: To study on this course you will need
• A computer with webcam and microphone
• Evening access to a fast broadband connection
• Daily access to an email account
FIRST COME FIRST SERVED: In order to make enrolment as fair as possible and to enhance your learning experience, please be aware that we have a maximum of 15 places available for each course and operate a first come, first served basis.
102• Feature Film • Detailed Schedule And Syllabus:
|Saturday September 28th 11-5||Day 1 Feature Film
• The classic 90 minute feature film – what it is and how it works.
• Story v Image
|Sunday September 29th 10-4||Day 2 Feature Film
•The history of feature film
• Script Structure in the 90 minute feature film
|October 2||19.30-21.30 Virtual Class 1
• Script to Screen – The Writing Process
|October 9||19.30-21.30 Virtual Class 2
|October 16||19.30-21.30 Virtual Class 3
|October 23||Writing Week|
|October 30||19.30-21.30 Virtual Class 4
• Script Editor Webinar
|November 6||19.30-21.30 Virtual Class 5
• Screen Writer Webinar
|November 13||19.30-21.30 Virtual Class 6
• Producer Webinar
|November 20||19.30-21.30 Virtual Class 7
• Agent Webinar
|November 27||Writing Week|
|Saturday November 30th||Feedback Saturday|
|December 4||19.30-21.30 Virtual Class 8
• The UK Film Industry
|December 11||19.30-21.30 Virtual Class 9
• The Global Film Industry
|December 18||19.30-21.30 Virtual Class 10
• What next? Getting Your Script Read.